Science is one of the important subjects especially for the students who wish to pursue their careers in this field. Every student wants to score high in the examination. But there are a few challenging subjects. Students must learn from a strong conceptual base rather than grasping it.
Developing proper knowledge helps to excel in the examination and helps the students to prepare for their future. In this article, we will find that students can prepare for their class 7 science examination
Science CBSE Syllabus Class 7
Science is an interesting subject if the student understands its true meaning. Class 7 syllabus is designed in such a way that it leads to an overall development among the students.
Below mentioned is the syllabus of class 7 Science according to the CBSE
|Chapters||Chapter name||Important chapter-wise topics|
|1||Nutrition in plants||Stomata, photosynthesis, the importance of sunlight, symbiosis, the process of plant nutrition, etc.|
|2||Nutrition in Animals||Nutrition in starfish, nutrition in Amoeba, digestion process in the small intestine, the importance of rumen in ruminants.|
|3||Fibre to fabric||Wool and silk, varieties of wool, sericulture, how caterpillars develop into a cocoon.|
|4||Heat||Measuring temperature, clothes to wear in summer and winter, transfer of heat.|
|5||Acids, bases, and salts||Acid, base, and salts, natural indicators, neutralization, acid rain, etc.|
|6||Physical and chemical changes||Physical and chemical change, rusting of iron, prevention of rust.|
|7||weather, climate, and adaptations of animals to climate||Adaptations, climate, polar bear adaptations to climate, rain gauge, thermometers, etc.|
|8||Winds, storms, and cyclones||Cyclone, cyclone watch, formation of the cyclone, thunderstorm, air pressure.|
|9||Soil||Soil and soil erosion, water retention in soil, types of soil, formation of soil.|
|10||Respiration in organisms||The difference in respiration of different animals, aerobic and anaerobic respiration, breathing, the importance of ling.|
|11||Transportation in animals and plants||Role of blood in the body, circulatory system in humans, transpiration, the structure of heart, transport of food and water in plants, blood vessels, and its types, etc.|
|12||Reproduction in plants||Pollination in plants, methods of seed dispersal, sexual reproduction in plants, etc.|
|13||Motion and time||Time and motion, types of motions, numerical-based questions, etc.|
|14||Electric current and its effects||Electric fuse, MCB, electric bulb, circuit diagram, electric bell working, electromagnet, etc.|
|15||light||Path of light, types of mirrors, lateral inversion, lenses, refraction, dispersion of light by a prism, etc.|
|16||Water: A precious resource||Importance of water, methods to conserve water, groundwater, water table, etc.|
|17||Forests: Our lifeline||Forests and their importance, type of forests, formation of forests, food chain, balancing of oxygen and carbon dioxide, etc.|
|18||Wastewater story||Open drains, septic tanks, components of sewage, vermicomposting toilets, etc.|
Tips and tricks to score well in science
Following are the tips and tricks students should follow to score well in the science exam-
- Make a proper study plan. Mark all the important dates to study. Every day try to revise the previous topic before starting the new one.
- Never cram in science. It is a conceptual-based subject. Learning concepts helps to gain more marks than cramming them.
- Students should always take care of their health. Eat healthily. Have at least 7-8 hours of sleep. Never study late at night. Never give your body long sitting hours.
- Students should keep in mind that they should not stress themselves with excessive pressure.
- Students should keep in mind that they should always attend their classes regularly.
- Students should properly practice diagrams of each chapter. Diagrams are one of the most important topics in Science, so students should learn to draw a neat and well-labeled diagram.
- Students should practice various complex terminologies and definitions by heart. Students can refer to the worksheets like Nutrition in Plants Worksheet for Class 7 CBSE.
- Students should always clear their doubts with the help of their teachers, they should not leave any of their doubts for the end.
- Students should actively participate in various classroom activities, this will help them to understand the subject more quickly.
- Students should always talk to their parents regarding their subject, difficulties, etc. They should learn to share their problems with their parents.
- Students should revise on a day-to-day basis.
- Science becomes more interesting if students learn by watching practical videos.
- In case if the student is still in doubt even after an explanation from the teacher, they can seek help from their friends too.
- Students should strictly follow the instructions given by their teachers. They should learn to obey and respect them.
- They should never miss the classroom tests. Tests are conducted to increase their learning potential, so students should never miss them
Points to remember during the examination day-
Examination day is the final assessment day.
Following are the points to be remembered during the examination day
- Always read the question paper first.
- Students should analyze how much time each question should be given.
- Always maintain good handwriting from the start till the end.
- Always answer the question according to the allotted marks limit.
- Always recheck the answers before submitting the answer sheets.
- Always draw the diagram with the help of a pencil. Never use a pen while drawing diagrams. This will leave a negative impact on the examiner.
- Students should not waste their starting time thinking of difficult questions, they should always begin with the questions they know very well.
Science is a scoring subject if practised well right from the start. It is a subject that requires a proper understanding. Students should keep in mind that science is not a subject to mug-up.
One should always understand the concept of the subject. In class 7, a student must stick to studying NCERT only. NCERT is sufficient for class 7. They should not load themselves with excessive books. By doing so, it will only generate pressure and confusion. Stay focused and calm. Thus all the above-mentioned methods will help the students to gain the desired results.